Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grad school...and one SUNNY DAY RIDE

Grad school...two scary words when put together....I have found that the first two days of my experience have been rather eventful...I met with the chair of the department..twice...got introduced to a class that I am advising... realized my office has its own phone..and well I bought this beauty..



My friend Joe and I went to lunch at a local establishment and after we had engulfed our American sized meals we took a walk to an interesting bike shop across the street. We had really just walked in there to walk off our lunch and dream of a ragbrai ready bike (see http://ragbrai.com/),but as we left we spotted this 1968 huffy sunny day ride tandem bicycle on the sidewalk calling our name...we ponder the purchase as stupid and expensive but only for a moment as our stronger sense of spontaneity and future paychecks...not to mention joe's credit card..prevailed... don't know exactly what the future holds for our yellow dream but its ours and that is all that matters currently...carpe diem..

2 comments:

  1. you are one crazy kid, you and that Joe. lol. but I love you for it! Can't wait to see you ride that bike. It definitely made my day seeing your pictures and hearing that "Sunny Day" is written on that 1968 beauty. Your hilarious spontaneity keeps me going, probably almost as much as you're going on that new bicycle of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm digging the new bookshelf :)

    ReplyDelete