Monday, August 8, 2011

62 days and counting

In case you didn't know....my friends and I decided it was a good idea (months and months ago) to sign up for the Chicago marathon...with 62 days left to go til I step up to that starting line....I do not feel overly prepared...so I thought maybe putting my training schedule out here in the public zone would motivate me to keep going......the idea here is that I want to run the marathon in around 4 hours....under four hours would be amazing on a personal level....but anyway....in training I want to do a training run that reaches about 3.5 hrs maybe a little less that way come marathon time ....that run will be the longest I have done during the course of my training....long story short...i have about 8 weeks left and here is my master plan...I like to run for time rather than distance...its really your choice...

Week 1..monday...60min.....tuesday.....30min.....thursday....1.2hrs......saturday....2hrs..(might be closer to1.5)

Week 2 basically a repeat of week one

Week 3..monday 1.2hrs....wednesday....1.2hrs....thursday....30min......saturday....2.4hrs

Week 4 same as week 3 (gotta let the body adjust slowly)

Week 5...monday...1.5hrs....wednesday...1.5hrs....thursday...walk 45min....saturday...2.8hrs

Week 6...monday...1.6hrs....wednesday...1.7hrs....thursday...60min walk....saturday..3.3hrs.(good simulation)

Week 7...monday...1.5hrs...wednesday...1.7hrs...thursday..60min walk....saturday...2.5hrs...(nothing fast)

Week 8...monday...45min....wedneday...1hr.....thurday-saturday is rest (little walking maybe)...Sunday..RACE DAY!!

Lets hope it all pans out...the schedule undoubtalby will get adjusted given how I feel and unforseen circumstances but I need to stick closely to it to meet my goals....here is a taste of what I am going to be doing.....enjoy..




1 comment:

  1. couldn't really watch the video, but that's pretty sweet that you got to see a preview of the course. I know we all do awesome at this marathon, you have no idea how excited and thankful I am to be able to share this experience with you and my sister. you guys are an inspiration! I"m very proud of you for your training and determination. Love you!

    ReplyDelete