Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pick-A-Flick

As you will come to find out...I tend to watch a lot of movies and more specifically documentaries. Today while surfing the web wasting away in my computer chair...I stumbled across a real gem...its called "between the folds"....usually I stick to nature and sports films but sometimes other genres seem to strike the right cord...the movie in question is about paper folding and in a way...origami but with a complex twist. My appreciation for abstract arts has grown since I purchased another documentary called.."rivers and tides" by andy goldsworthy..which I also recommend...but anyway if your free one night and really enjoy amazing art that is simple in the idea but results in masterpieces...check it out...I came away stunned and quite enlightened about what a plain old piece of paper can do...in the right hands..


here is a brief synopsis..."award–winning documentary Between the Folds chronicles the stories of ten fine artists and intrepid theoretical scientists who have abandoned careers and scoffed at hard–earned graduate degrees—all to forge unconventional lives as modern–day paperfolders."

...the trailer...enjoy

Watch the full episode. See more Independent Lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment